Stanford Law School, J.D., 2015, Gerald Gunther Prize
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2011, Highest Distinction (summa cum laude)
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Timothy M. Tymkovich, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2015-2016
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Michael W. Fitzgerald, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2016-2017
Mr. Stein started his career as a general commercial litigator at Holwell Shuster & Goldberg LLP, an elite litigation boutique in New York City founded by a former federal judge. While there, he represented large corporations at all stages of complex litigation, including discovery, motion practice, trial preparation, and appeal.
Mr. Stein's clients included the plaintiff in a federal antitrust suit seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. Mr. Stein helped defeat a summary judgment motion and a motion to exclude plaintiff's expert witness, and assisted in preparing the case for trial. Mr. Stein also represented a multinational bank involved in years-long litigation about residential mortgage backed securities. In addition, Mr. Stein maintained an active pro bono practice, including representing individuals at the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Stein's experience includes litigating in both the state and federal courts in New York and Florida, among others. He brings the skills he honed in his corporate practice to his clients at the Firm, including those individuals in adversarial divorce proceedings as well as other complex litigation where substantial assets are in dispute.
Mr. Stein is a seasoned oral advocate who has argued in both the federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels, including in front of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the California Court of Appeal, and the Southern District of New York.
During law school, Mr. Stein was a member of the Stanford Law Review, where he served on the Executive Board. Following law school, Mr. Stein served as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in Denver as well as the United States District Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles.
- Fisher Potter Hodas, PL, 2021-present
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg LLP, 2017-2021
Awards & Recognitions
- Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in New York for 2020